The evolution of companies and organizations to promote a comfortable working environment for their employees has led to the emergence of a hybrid work culture. Apart from being flexible, accommodating, and convenient, a hybrid work culture also exposes an organization to various cybersecurity threats by encouraging the inclusion of numerous endpoints. Under these circumstances, it becomes challenging for a company to ensure its digital security and secure all the endpoints, including laptops, mobiles, servers, and workstations.
The efficiency of conventional antiviruses is highly questionable for ensuring the cybersecurity of a complex and vulnerable network. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) becomes the only viable and safest antivirus alternative in this situation. EDR Antivirus monitors all the endpoints connected to a network and instantly prevents malicious activities by adopting adequate countermeasures. So, let us delve deeper and learn more about EDR Antivirus and its associated qualities that make it the safest cybersecurity technology.
What is EDR Antivirus?
As discussed above, EDR Antivirus is an antivirus software designed to provide automated and instinctive protection to an organization, its endpoints, end users, and technical assets against potential cybersecurity threats like viruses, malware, spyware, ransomware, hackers, worms, trojans, adware, etc. It also detects and provides protection against threats that could not be scanned or detected by traditional antivirus software and endpoint security tools.
An EDR Antivirus like ‘Open EDR’ successfully detects malware and unusual behaviors and takes instant action to obstruct or remove it from the system.
How does EDR Antivirus protect the endpoints from suspicious malware?
EDR Antivirus works in the following ways to protect the endpoints against suspicious malware and potential cybersecurity threats:
- EDR Antivirus exercises comprehensive visibility over every possible endpoint and analyzes billions of events continuously, as well as simultaneously, by using behavioral analytics to detect the signs of suspicious behavior.
- It continuously scans the network traffic to detect and identify suspicious activities. EDR Antivirus safeguards the computer by obstructing hostile network traffic and restraining the infected computer(s).
An open-source EDR Antivirus like ‘Open EDR’ is used in cohesion with various other antiviruses and security tools for robust cybersecurity.
The working mechanism of EDR Antivirus can be further elaborated in the following steps:
- Data monitoring: As mentioned earlier, EDR Antivirus monitors the data of all the endpoints to detect any threats and abnormalities.
- Identification of abnormalities: After continuous and rigorous scanning, an efficient EDR Antivirus like Open EDR successfully identifies the abnormalities and suspicious elements present in the network.
- Automatic resolution: EDR Antivirus automatically checks and removes unwanted malware from the network to ensure the cybersecurity of all the endpoints connected to the network as well as the overall security of the organization.
- The seclusion of affected endpoints: The working process of EDR Antivirus also includes the seclusion of the affected system or endpoint to detain the malware from encroaching on the network any further and to entirely eliminate the chances of a cybersecurity breach.
- Investigation and analysis of the problem: An EDR Antivirus also carries out a complete analysis and investigation of the source of the emergence of the malware to keep it from re-encroaching the network. It also investigates if the threat is real before alerting the company’s security team.
- Alerting the cybersecurity team: After safeguarding the network from a possible and severe cybersecurity threat, an EDR Antivirus also alerts the concerned cybersecurity team about the attempted security breach. It enables the organization to take additional steps to ensure the impermeability of the company network.
What are the distinctive benefits of using EDR Antivirus over other conventional antiviruses?
Know the difference between EDR and antivirus. There are a lot of benefits of choosing optimal an optimal EDR Antivirus like ‘Open EDR’over conventional antivirus tools, such as:
- It identifies and uncovers malicious malware and security threats automatically.
- It is flexible to be used with modern working modules such as hybrid work culture, BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), etc.
- It can identify malware attacks that remain undetected by conventional antivirus systems and software.
- It not only removes the threat from the network but also secludes the affected system to prevent it from spreading to other endpoints.
- It responds instantly to the approaching threat, which greatly helps in averting any significant damage to the security of the company network.
- It investigates the threat for being real or a false positive. It examines the suspicious element before raising the alarm to the security team.
- Open EDR is also capable of monitoring the network through cloud-based EDR management, which makes it easier to monitor multiple endpoints simultaneously in real-time.
EDR Antivirus-Concluding Thoughts!
EDR Antivirus saves a network and an organization from facing severe and grave cybersecurity threats through careful examination, identification, obstruction, and reporting of the malware. Open EDR, one of the best EDR Antiviruses, detects virus or malware attacks at an early stage and prevents them from damaging the entire network. It provides complete protection and prevention to the endpoints as well as the network system of an organization and safeguards it against the loss or misuse of sensitive data and information.
‘Open EDR’ ensures optimum performance, security, and surveillance with the most advanced use of technology, along with the most updated definitions of threats and malware.
Managed Endpoint Detection and Response